We will hold tryouts Saturday, February 3rd. There are two sessions: 9-10:30 am and 12-1:30 pm. Tryouts are open to anyone between the ages of 7 and 18 who are interested in becoming a member of Team Mojo. To participate in tryouts, you must sign up in advance using our sign up form. It is free for members or a day pass for anyone else.
Becoming Part of the Team
Team Mojo is a program run by Stone Age Climbing Gym. Team dues are automatically billed on a monthly basis and include practice sessions, coaching, a full gym membership, and member benefits. Each division of Team Mojo practices three days a week. Each team will practice for 2.5 hours per practice for a total of 7.5 hours of practice time a week. The pricing structures can be found on the Pricing and Commitment Page.
M3: (Generally 13 and under) 4:15-6:45 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
M1: (Generally 13 and up) Mondays, from 4:15-6:45 pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-6:30 pm
We will have an orientation and safety class for new team members during their first week of practice. This will get them up to speed on the basic skills they need to participate.
There will also be a parent meeting during the first 30 min of each tryout session that is required for new parents and optional for returning parents. These are held to get your family involved and answer any questions you may have. We will cover many aspects of the team including various expectations, opportunities, and policies.
Visit our friends at Ribs by January 26th.
Located in Cedar Crest, Ribs offers some of the most delicious barbecue in the Southwest. If you participated in the Yank-N-Yard this year, then you already had a chance to sample their marvelous food.
Now our friends at Ribs are offering a couple of one-year memberships to Stone Age Climbing Gym! Simply follow the steps below and you will be entered into a random drawing for one of two memberships:
- Purchase one of the following meals: Combination Dinner, Rib Dinner, any weekend special, Half Slab, or Full Slab
(See their menu.)
- Post of picture of it to the Ribs’ Facebook wall with a comment on your experience.
- Rate Ribs’ business on Facebook!
That’s it! You have until January 26th to win a one-year membership to Stone Age Climbing gym ($600 value).
Stone Age Members Get 15% Off
Show your Stone Age member card to get 15% off on Zeus’ Juice regularly priced juices, smoothies, and acai bowls!
Zeus’ Juice & Nutrition Organic Juice Bar is located just down the street at Green Jeans, walking distance from the gym! Follow up your workout with a delicious smoothie!
We are pleased to announce our first early morning fitness class!
What: Early Morning Yoga with Whitney
When: Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30am, starting January 2nd
As always, fitness classes are included with your membership dues. Because this class takes place during member hours, it is not available with the purchase of a day pass.
Start your day off right with some yoga before work!
To kick off the New Year, we are running a special on two of our memberships. The sale is valid on purchases made January 1-15th:
No Initiation Fee for the Monthly EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) Membership
- Saves you $20 when setting up our auto-draft membership
- $59.95 for the first member, $49.94 for the second member, $14.95 for each additional dependent
- A great option for families and for members who think they will be climbing steadily for at least three months
- Now that we’ve waived the initiation fee, it’s worthwhile even if you’ll only be here through Winter Break!
$20 off the Introduction to Climbing Package
- Sale price: $69.95
- The perfect choice for you and a friend to check out the climbing gym, as it is Buy One Get One FREE!
- 2-week membership with unlimited access to the gym, free rentals, and two classes (Top Rope Belay and Fundamentals of Movement)
- The Movement class is a $30 value by itself!
We are updating our Wednesday climbing class schedule. The Toprope Belay Class will no longer be taught on Wednesdays and we are moving the Fundamentals of Movement Class from 6:30 pm to its new time of 7:00 pm. This change will allow for more convenient scheduling of our instructors. We will still offer the Toprope Belay Class on its normal schedule every Thursday through Tuesday, on weekdays at 7:00 pm and on weekends at 2:00 pm.
The Top Rope Belay Class is now available:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 7pm to 8:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday from 2pm to 3:30pm
Fundamentals of Movement
- Wednesdays from 7pm to 8:30pm
Check out the full list of our climbing classes.
Start your year off right with our Introduction to Phased Climbing Training!
Nick Davis is back with a series of two six-week courses for climbers who want to learn the basics of periodization, as it applies to climbing specific training. These courses will introduce endurance, strength, and power building exercises and provide a framework for individual progress. The first six weeks will focus on a foundation of endurance and strength, while the second six weeks will build upon the first session with greater attention to strength and power. Although they have been designed to work best when attending both sessions, they may be taken independently. The price for each session is only $89.96 for members or $99.95 for non-members. Sign up online or in person at the front desk.
Session #1: Endurance & Strength (January 9th – February 13th)
Session #2: Strength & Power (February 20th – March 27th)
Sign Up and Send!
Professional climber, Rob Pizem, will be at Stone Age on Tuesday, December 26th to share slides and stories of his notable climbs and first ascents. Rob balances work, family and climbing while still managing to be a badass rock climber with lots of hard multi-pitch trad lines in his resume. There will be tons of raffle prizes for the crowd, so come and join the fun. BYOB, we’ll provide the popcorn! This event is great for the whole family.
Date and Time: Tuesday, December 26th, 7:00 pm
Admission: Suggested donation of $5.00 or more to our local non-profit climbing organization, NM CRAG.
Stone Age is the one stop shop for the climber on your list. Come in for our Holiday Sale starting Monday, December 11th. Check out these amazing deals!
The following discounts are available from Monday, December 11th through Sunday, December 24th, 2017.
The Spring Student Membership starts early! All spring memberships purchased during the sale begin on 12/26. (They normally start on 1/15.) Get up to three weeks free!
SAVE $15 on punch cards – limit 2 per person!
- Beginner Climbing Package – Purchase a Black Diamond Harness Package (Momentum or Primrose) and Evolv shoes (Defy or Elektra) for regular price, and get a free one-month membership (from December 26th to January 25th).
- SAVE 30% on La Sportiva Solution, Women’s Solution, and Muira VS climbing shoes.
- SAVE 30% on Boreal Mutant climbing shoes.
- SAVE 20% on Evolve Venga kids climbing shoes.
- All Stone Age apparel is 20% off.
- SAVE 25% on training tools and wired nuts.
- SAVE 20% on all harnesses and Friction Labs chalk.
- Buy any full-length rope and SAVE 40% on a rope bag.
- Buy any belay device and SAVE 30% on belay gloves.
We are proud to host the 2017 USAC Youth Bouldering Regional Competition. We will have wall closures on our South boulder for route setting starting on Wednesday, December 6th. These closures will remain until after the competition on December 9th. The entire South room will be closed for the competition on December 9th for competitors only. The room will open after the competition is over. The rest of the gym will remain open to the public.